We have had a very busy 3 months. Ever since this girl started to walk she no longer wants to sit still and play inside. It got worse after her cousins came to visit. She loved playing with them everyday and going to the park with them. She was so sad to see them leave. Ever since then she wants to be at the park every day. I don't blame her.
Here is what Brooklyn has been up to the past 3 months:
- Started really walking a couple days after her 1st birthday. (1/8/14)
- Got tons of teeth and is currently working on pushing her bottom canines through. I am not even sure when her top molars came in. ha Currently she has 12 teeth.
- Officially weaned to milk which was a hard process. She HATED whole milk. After a couple of months she finally warmed up to it.
- Is full of energy. She is always talking, clapping, running around, getting in to things, and learning.
- Started dancing on 2/7/14 and it is my favorite. We always make dinner together. We turn on some kids tunes and dance and cook. We love it.
- Blows kisses
- Loves feeding her baby doll
- Learned to say a lot of words. Here is our current list but I am sure I am missing some: Dada, No, Nana, Apple, Hi, Uh oh, Diaper, Beep Beep, go go, Ooh, Up, Wow
- Improved on her signs and started signing more words: More, Milk, Thank you, Food, All done, Bath, Diaper, and Book. When she signs more food I just think it's the cutest thing in the world and I can never resist. I love that she can tell me when she's hungry and when she's full. I think this has helped a ton with her putting on weight.
- Such a girl. She is constantly dressing herself with headbands, necklaces, bracelets, rings. Anything that can even resemble these she wears. She has worn a belt as a necklace many times and she often wears cookie cutters as bracelets.
- Loves going outside. Whenever I tell her we get to go outside she runs to grab her shoes and brings them straight to me.
This little girl is so wonderful and has such a personality. It is a blast watching her learn and grow. We love that she gives us kisses, hugs, and high fives. She has decided she's too big for her high chair and insists on standing to eat or climbing on the table to eat. She wants so badly to do what all the big kids and grown ups are doing. It breaks my heart how much she loves playing with other kids. Sometimes she will follow bigger kids around at the park. Someday I know she'll be an excellent big sister. I love how she will just sit across the able from me and talk and tell me all about how life is going for her. It's pretty adorable. I hope we can always foster her creative and exploring spirit.
Ok here are tons of pictures of Brooklyn but it has been 3 months. ha
|Current Stats: 20 lbs 4 oz (37%)|
31 inches (68%)
Head 18.5 inches (84%)
|Visit to the Children's Aquarium. She touched a Sting Ray.|
|Feeding her baby|
|This girl loves dogs|
|She also loves crawling under and in to anything and everything|
|Loves the park|
|She thought this was a real dog and couldn't have been more excited!|
|The shopping cart queen|
|Family date to get an ice cream cone!|
|Wearing dad's hat|
|Fun with water and bubbles|
|Her first "owie"|
|My amazing friend Kate took this picture. Her blog is here.|
|At Uncle Stephen's Wedding. More on this later.|
|I took something away. This is her saying, "Noooo!"|
|Such a beauty in her Freshly Picked Moccs from her Grandpa Ellsworth|
|This girl loves hummus. Loves. She doesn't even waste time with pretzels or utensils anymore.|
|Loves her cars|
|She looks so big here! I can hardly handle it.|