Skip to main content

Baby B at 6 months

So my sweet girl is 6 months old. I feel like from the moment she was born I was waiting for her to be this old. I knew we would have so much fun together as she can do more and interact more than she could when she was just a wee little one. She's grown and changed so much this past month. She amazes me everyday.

  • She is always on the move. Examples: She rolled of the bed when I was brushing my hair and what I like to call...the swing incident. Our dear friends Jackie and Par have let us borrow their swing. It has saved our life on many occasions. Anyway, I put her in there for a nap one afternoon and start to hear her wakeup. Usually I let her wake up a little before I go and get her. So I start to listen to her get a little more fussy so I go back there to check out what she's up to. She is on her stomach, her head is facing down where her butt should be, and her waist and legs are dangling off the swing and it goes back and forth. I should've snapped a picture but I moved fast because I didn't want her to fall. That's my crazy girl. She was pretty happy about it too. 
  • Loves water bottles. She is constantly grabbing mine out of my mouth and shoving it in hers. She also loves to bite it. It's too cute. She loves drinking water out of my water bottle. She's great at sucking on straws
  • Loves tags
  • Has become a little inch worm using her knees to push herself forward towards her toys
  • She loves to fling her body from her back to stomach in order to reach whatever she wants
  • Went on her first boating trip and did pretty well
  • Says mama. Now I know she's too young to associate it with me but I still think it's cute. The first time I heard it (6/17) I think my heart skipped a beat.
  • She's rolled a few times from her back to back or stomach to stomach
  • Got her first tooth (6/26)! She now has two as of a couple of nights ago.
  • She has tried some different solid foods: rice cereal, sweet potatoes, carrots, green beans, and some whip cream. As I am sure you could guess...Derek gave her the whip cream. ha 
  • Can sit up pretty well. If she gets to excited and lunges for something she tops over but other than that she's going great.
Basically she is my moving machine and my happy girl. Her second tooth brought her some misery because she just had shots the day before and then an upset stomach that night. Other than that she's learning and growing like a champion. I love that I have the opportunity to stay home with her every day and play with her. 

I mean those eyes, I could die! I love them.
Her maiden voyage!  
Aunt Samantha came to visit and we had a picnic 

Dressed in their Sunday best 
Chewing on everything


Such a big girl

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wise Men Still Seek Him Free Printable

UPDATE:  Hello Everyone! I have noticed that this post has been receiving a lot of traffic via pinterest and The Dating Divas Website. I wanted to welcome you all. I still do free printables for different seasons and holidays but no longer post them on my personal blog. We'd love it if you'd follow along on our design journey. You can find us on Facebook ! I also post all of my free printables here . Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy your holiday season. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ So the past couple of days I have really been thinking about how I can reflect the true meaning of Christmas in my home. We live in a small two bedroom apartment and there isn't much room to decorate. This morning I was watching the video Wise Men Still Seek Him   and felt inspired to create a printable for my home. It's a good reminder to not only seek Him this time of year but thr

Big News!

So this is big news for the Power family. I know many of you know a million other people who are currently pregnant but before you roll your eyes and skip over this post completely (ha), read on and hear a little bit about our story. I am currently 20 weeks pregnant. We just found out yesterday that we are expecting a baby girl. She is due to enter this world on January 3, 2012. So far she is healthy and growing strong. She is growing about a week ahead of schedule. Maybe she'll come early...like before the end of the year. Derek and I will celebrate our 3rd anniversary on the 16th of January...so not too long after our sweet girl is born. A little about us: Derek: One of the things I love most about Derek is how patiently he accepts trials in his life. He always has such a good atitude about what life has handed him. When he was 11 or 12 he was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. Then at age 19 he was diagnosed with Lymphoma Cancer.  He has now been in remission for 5

Please Tell Me...

Please tell me you guys have done this before because I just can't be the only one. This has happened twice to me now and I just feel ridiculous about it. I am shopping and Brooklyn is in her carseat sleeping and the diaper bag is in the main part of the cart. I am getting my groceries and just start putting stuff in around the carseat and diaper bag. I check out, get my bags, and head out to the car. I load the groceries in the car and then take Brooklyn out to put her in the car and I find stuff I haven't paid for. It slid underneath her carseat or the diaper bag and there it is. First time, it was pie crust and the second time it was shampoo. I try to check everywhere but something always seems to slip underneath the carseat and in my hurry I just miss it. I feel so dumb but at this point Brooklyn is buckled in and I am in a hurry to get her home. For those of you with small children you know how difficult it is to repack it all and get back in there when they could wa