Skip to main content

4 months

As always, I'm late with this but I still want to keep track of all the wonderful ways Brooklyn is growing and changing each month. It's amazing to be able to watch a baby develop. They learn so much, so quickly. 

Here's what she's been learning/doing this past month: 
  • Rolled over for the first time on 4/15/13. I was the only one home and loved that it was just for me...ha
  • She can roll over to both sides.
  • Loves foot massages 
  • Liking tummy time so much more (should've put a toy in front of her a long time ago) 
  • Took her first flight to Las Vegas. I feel like she did pretty well. We sat next to the nicest people who happen to love babies and didn't mind a few cry's here or there. Thanks Kim for all the travel tips! 
  • Loves doing sit ups. She's always trying to sit up in her bouncer.
  • Sticks her tongue out a lot. It's so cute. She is so fascinated with it.
  • Lots of spit bubbles
  • After our day trip/flight to Las Vegas Brooklyn's sleeping patterns were off. Two flights in one day, being drug around from one location to another, keeping her out late, etc. For 2.5 weeks she was just not wanting to go to sleep at all. She would wake up every two hours sometimes and would just cry. I couldn't understand what was happening. After talking to my dr. at her last appointment he told me it's is normal for babies to go through stages where they sleep well and then they don't. Sometimes it can be because of a flight, getting of a schedule, or just for no reason at all. During those couple of weeks I has some major flashbacks to the first couple weeks of her life.
  • Now she sleeps really well. Still not all the way back to through the night but usually a late night feeding around 1:00 am. Not too shabby. 
  • She'll suck on everything and anything except a pacifier or bottle. We keep trying to give her a pacifier but she won't take. Any advice?
  • Loves playing with my hand. I can just put it in front of her face and she will start grabbing at my fingers and bringing them up to her mouth. 
  • Interlocks her hands 
  • Ticklish on her tummy and feet. She doesn't usually find it funny however. 
  • Morning baby. Always so happy when she wakes up after a good nights sleep.
  • Schedule baby. Through many different experiences this past month we have realized that Brooklyn thrives on a schedule. She loves her bed time (6:30/7:00) and her bed time routine. She loves being able to play and take her naps around the same time everyday. She is not a happy camper if she misses out on her naps. She's a lot like me that way. I love my schedules and thrive on the organization that comes with that.
  • So inquisitive. It's so fun to watch her experience everything for the first time. She finds everything to be so interesting. 
Brooklyn we sure do love you. Thanks for allowing us to see the world for the first time through your eyes. I am getting to experience everything with you for the first time. We love being your parents and feel so blessed everyday to get to spend time with you. 

Sorry...it is so hard to choose just one. 




 photo 4months_zps6d527464.jpg

 photo IMG_2292_zpsd2952991.jpg


Comments

  1. Cute!! I love it and I love that you are so good at scheduling. Thomas has a flexible schedule, but it seems to be working... haha love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious. She is getting big.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWW!!! She is so adorable! And getting big.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wise Men Still Seek Him Free Printable

UPDATE:  Hello Everyone! I have noticed that this post has been receiving a lot of traffic via pinterest and The Dating Divas Website. I wanted to welcome you all. I still do free printables for different seasons and holidays but no longer post them on my personal blog. We'd love it if you'd follow along on our design journey. You can find us on Facebook ! I also post all of my free printables here . Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy your holiday season. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ So the past couple of days I have really been thinking about how I can reflect the true meaning of Christmas in my home. We live in a small two bedroom apartment and there isn't much room to decorate. This morning I was watching the video Wise Men Still Seek Him   and felt inspired to create a printable for my home. It's a good reminder to not only seek Him this time of year but thr

Big News!

So this is big news for the Power family. I know many of you know a million other people who are currently pregnant but before you roll your eyes and skip over this post completely (ha), read on and hear a little bit about our story. I am currently 20 weeks pregnant. We just found out yesterday that we are expecting a baby girl. She is due to enter this world on January 3, 2012. So far she is healthy and growing strong. She is growing about a week ahead of schedule. Maybe she'll come early...like before the end of the year. Derek and I will celebrate our 3rd anniversary on the 16th of January...so not too long after our sweet girl is born. A little about us: Derek: One of the things I love most about Derek is how patiently he accepts trials in his life. He always has such a good atitude about what life has handed him. When he was 11 or 12 he was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. Then at age 19 he was diagnosed with Lymphoma Cancer.  He has now been in remission for 5

Please Tell Me...

Please tell me you guys have done this before because I just can't be the only one. This has happened twice to me now and I just feel ridiculous about it. I am shopping and Brooklyn is in her carseat sleeping and the diaper bag is in the main part of the cart. I am getting my groceries and just start putting stuff in around the carseat and diaper bag. I check out, get my bags, and head out to the car. I load the groceries in the car and then take Brooklyn out to put her in the car and I find stuff I haven't paid for. It slid underneath her carseat or the diaper bag and there it is. First time, it was pie crust and the second time it was shampoo. I try to check everywhere but something always seems to slip underneath the carseat and in my hurry I just miss it. I feel so dumb but at this point Brooklyn is buckled in and I am in a hurry to get her home. For those of you with small children you know how difficult it is to repack it all and get back in there when they could wa