Our sweet girl turned 1 month on Sunday. Can't believe it. She's changed so much in such a short amount of time. She looks so different everyday...more and more like me I would have to say. Ha
Here's what we've been up to:
- Took her out to Zupas at 2 weeks old. She slept the whole time.
- Went from hating baths to really enjoying them...as long as the kitchen is warm enough
- Started smiling right before she cried to smiling when you talk to her, look at her, and play with her. Her smiles are the best. She smiles all the time in the morning at me. It just makes my heart burst. I feel like the luckiest mom in the world to have those smiles that are just for me.
- She's got a strong grip and we have a hard time prying open her fingers. So much for trying to cut her fingernails just yet. ha
- She has been babysat a couple times by Grandma and Grandpa Ellsworth and has done great.
- In this first month she's had some digestive problems and it makes me so sad. I hate to see her not feeling well.
- Had her first dr's appointment at 3 weeks and she came in at a 9 lbs. I was so proud of my little girl. Way to eat!
- We are starting to retire some of her newborn clothes. She's too long for them but not quite big enough for 0-3 months.
- She's started to talk (coo) and I just love it. We have some great conversation.
Of course there have been so many other milestones and enjoyable moments with her. Just look at those adorable smiles below! How can you not have fun looking at that face everyday?
I am recovering well I think. The baby blues are finally starting to subside and Brooklyn and I are really comfortable with one another now. I am starting to understand what she needs when she's upset and how to best help her. Of course I don't have all the answers but I do my best. As my mother told me when I called her one evening to ask why Brooklyn was crying so much, "That's the million dollar question. Everyone wished they had the answer for that." So I guess I am not alone. ha
Ok on to adorable pictures of our sweet baby girl. My goodness I just love her so much.