Skip to main content

Happy Birthday & 30 Weeks

So I am not even sure exactly where I left off on blogging but I do know what I need to update on when returning home from this business trip.
  • Weekend getaway to California and my baby shower!
  • Trip to NYC...last business trip of the year!
I'll get to that soon but first of all I want to wish a Happy Birthday to my sweet husband Derek. Today is his 26th birthday. I am sad to be out of town so I made sure that he had presents before I left. He opened one of them while we were in California. I got us tickets to see The Killers and Tegan and Sara on November 30th. We are pretty excited to go.

Then on Tuesday I had him open up the rest of his gifts. Just small things I knew he would enjoy. Hope you're having a fabulous birthday Derek! Don't freeze to death in the snow! I am so lucky to have you in my life and our little girl is so blessed to have a good dad already.


He loves sweets!
Ok so on to my pregnancy update. I totally missed 29 weeks so this will be a combination of how things have been going the past couple of weeks.

My new maternity skirt from Target. So comfortable. Perfect outfit to fly in.

How Far Along: 30 weeks today
Size of the Baby: 15.7 inches long, 3 pounds...comparable to a head of cabbage apparently 
Weight gain/loss:9 pounds...but more likely 11 now or something. I guess it's pretty normal to be gaining a pound a week. We'll see when I go in for my 32 week appointment. 
Sleep: It's been better actually since I have been traveling. No trains. My legs and hips have been waking me up. They are going numb. Weird.
Best Moment of the Week: Two things: When we were in CA Derek and I were laying in bed and she started kicking for him a lot and he just fell asleep with his hand on my belly...feeling her kick. It was so sweet. He'll be such a good daddy. The other thing was yesterday after my trip. The flight was long. My car reservation at the airport was messed up. Our luggage was delayed. All these things just caused my body to be uncomfortable and stressed. Finally I got to the hotel and as soon as I put up my feet and relaxed she went crazy. She was actually kicking so hard and so often that she was moving my arm and hand upside down. It was the strongest I have ever felt her. It was wonderful and I was able to know she was ok. She just wanted her mommy to relax for a second before she could let me know.
Movement: See above. Her movement is always the best moment. I love knowing she's ok and growing strong in there.
Symptoms: Ok so I have had a lot of back pain and hip pain for a couple of months but last week it got out of control. Every time I stood up I would almost fall over. No joke. It was crazy. Everything was in so much pain. I could barely walk. That went from like Thursday to Monday. Now it is just kind of off and on. Taking baths and stretching helps a little but I am just glad it hasn't stayed on permanently. 
Food Cravings: Nothing really besides liquid. Green beans. Cottage cheese. Pears. Smoothies. Things of that nature.
Gender: Girl..
Belly Button - In or Out?: still in and stretched
Anything making you queasy or sick?: Food to a certain extent is making me sick.
Labor Signs: No.
Wedding ring on or off: Fingers are still super swollen. You should've seen my hands and feet after the flight. Yikes!
What I Miss: Nothing at the moment really. Just feeling blessed to have her growing inside me.
What I am looking forward to: Meeting her. Seeing Derek interact with her. Baby showers!
Nursery: Well we don't really have anything set up but it is starting to get stuff. After our baby shower in CA we brought back a lot of goodies. We were so spoiled and it was so much fun. Now our second bedroom is just starting to get crowded. I don't know what we are going to do. 
Emotions: Fine. Terrified if I think too much about things.
Stupid things I have done: Push myself to hard when my body isn't up to it. I really pay for that shortly after.

Crazy to think my next update will enter us in to the single digits of when our baby girl will be born. Too much to think about. We did just register for a birthing class so hopefully that will help us get more mentally prepared for this situation. 

Now I need to find something to eat so I'll update on more things later! 


Comments

  1. Love the skirt. I would wear it every day. I'm glad you got it when you got back to Utah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post. Happy Birthday Derek! You guys are getting so close to holding that little angel in your arms! I miss the feeling of a baby kicking in my belly so much, soak it in. I do not miss the terrible hip pain and siatic nerve issues. Happy 30 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweets and ET! sounds like a very happy birthday for your husband. and i love your adorable outfit and your adorable 30 week belly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, Derek! And Happy 30 weeks, Laura! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wise Men Still Seek Him Free Printable

UPDATE:  Hello Everyone! I have noticed that this post has been receiving a lot of traffic via pinterest and The Dating Divas Website. I wanted to welcome you all. I still do free printables for different seasons and holidays but no longer post them on my personal blog. We'd love it if you'd follow along on our design journey. You can find us on Facebook ! I also post all of my free printables here . Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy your holiday season. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ So the past couple of days I have really been thinking about how I can reflect the true meaning of Christmas in my home. We live in a small two bedroom apartment and there isn't much room to decorate. This morning I was watching the video Wise Men Still Seek Him   and felt inspired to create a printable for my home. It's a good reminder to not only seek Him this time of year but thr

Big News!

So this is big news for the Power family. I know many of you know a million other people who are currently pregnant but before you roll your eyes and skip over this post completely (ha), read on and hear a little bit about our story. I am currently 20 weeks pregnant. We just found out yesterday that we are expecting a baby girl. She is due to enter this world on January 3, 2012. So far she is healthy and growing strong. She is growing about a week ahead of schedule. Maybe she'll come early...like before the end of the year. Derek and I will celebrate our 3rd anniversary on the 16th of January...so not too long after our sweet girl is born. A little about us: Derek: One of the things I love most about Derek is how patiently he accepts trials in his life. He always has such a good atitude about what life has handed him. When he was 11 or 12 he was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. Then at age 19 he was diagnosed with Lymphoma Cancer.  He has now been in remission for 5

Please Tell Me...

Please tell me you guys have done this before because I just can't be the only one. This has happened twice to me now and I just feel ridiculous about it. I am shopping and Brooklyn is in her carseat sleeping and the diaper bag is in the main part of the cart. I am getting my groceries and just start putting stuff in around the carseat and diaper bag. I check out, get my bags, and head out to the car. I load the groceries in the car and then take Brooklyn out to put her in the car and I find stuff I haven't paid for. It slid underneath her carseat or the diaper bag and there it is. First time, it was pie crust and the second time it was shampoo. I try to check everywhere but something always seems to slip underneath the carseat and in my hurry I just miss it. I feel so dumb but at this point Brooklyn is buckled in and I am in a hurry to get her home. For those of you with small children you know how difficult it is to repack it all and get back in there when they could wa