Skip to main content

27 Weeks and Counting


Happy 100th blog post to me! Just had to say that. That's all. 

Alright so I am pretty excited because I am actually doing this blog post on the actual day. 

So here it goes:

I know this picture was in my last blog post but it's my only current belly shot. 
How Far Along: 27 weeks. According to some sources this is the start of my 3rd trimester. Weird.
Size of the Baby: Head of Cauliflower
Weight gain/loss: Next week I'll know where I stand with this. Just trying to eat healthy and make sure our weekend activities are filled with lots of walking.
Sleep: Even talking about this just make me sad. Oh well. Two night ago I hit a new record. I woke 11 times to go to the bathroom and the 9th time kept me up for an hour afterwards. Couldn't fall back asleep. 
Best Moment of the Week: Today. Truly. Today I found out I got a promotion at work. I am so thrilled. With this lovely promotion comes a pay raise and it couldn't have come at a more perfect time. I feel so blessed. With a new addition to our family any extra money is a great thing. Now we can save more and prepare better for our little girl.
Movement: The best part about her movement is the special times she decides to move. She is always loving church. Kicks like crazy there. Also, when Derek and I were praying for her the other night she kicked as soon as we said her name and asked for her to be safe. Just one kick and just during that part of the prayer. It was so sweet. We are truly loving her so much.
Symptoms: Back pain. Lack of sleep. Extreme thirst. Bone pain. Swelling. I think that about covers it.
Food Cravings: This should be renamed liquid cravings. Seriously. Jamba Juice. Water. Milk. Orange Juice. Ok but this is new. Sweet chewy things and chocolate. I haven't been giving in but I am just saying...I could really use a laffy taffy right about now. Maybe some red vines? 
Gender: Female. Sometimes I worry she'll trick us and come out boy. You never know!
Belly Button - In or Out?: Shallow and stretched. That's how I can describe it best. 
Anything making you queasy or sick?: The chili we made last night. So tasty but the smell of it was killing me.
Labor Signs: Nope. 
Wedding ring on or off: Lets just say it'll be off until after birth unless the cold winter shrinks me back up.
What I Miss: Not looking so exhausted everyday. 
What I am looking forward to: Holding her little baby fingers. Seeing what she looks like. This weekend Derek and I found some of my baby/toddler pictures. I had quite a bit of red hair at the beginning and I feel like I was pretty cute kid. ha After looking at those pictures I just felt like I could imagine her being real. 
Emotions: A little out of control. More crying these past couple of weeks. Weird. 
Stupid things I have done: I guess some would say not taking the time to prepare for the child/giving birth. Other than that I was spilling a lot of things yesterday. In all fairness I was cooking with goggles on because Derek was cutting an onion. My vision was impaired. Not a true test I say.

All in all it has been a crazy week. I feel blessed with my promotion. There have been a lot of things happening at work and it's been keeping me busy so this is just truly a blessing. I am not looking forward to getting tested for gestational diabetes. At this point I am just nervous I'll get it. No sense in worrying about it I guess. 

Looking forward to a fun filled weekend with Derek and this beautiful weather. Friday can't come soon enough.

Comments

  1. You look great! Congrats on your promotion :) Oh and LOVE the story about her kicking when you were praying. adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a super good picture of you! Seriously. You look so great. You look like you've lost weight. Also, how special those times are when she moves, in church! How adorable. I can't wait to meet her :) See you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I would have been the first comment on this post, but while I was typing someone else snagged it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friday is here! Robyn that is funny... haha I love you Laura! You are so pretty and your baby will be adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! What wonderful news. And hope you start getting more sleep :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wise Men Still Seek Him Free Printable

UPDATE:  Hello Everyone! I have noticed that this post has been receiving a lot of traffic via pinterest and The Dating Divas Website. I wanted to welcome you all. I still do free printables for different seasons and holidays but no longer post them on my personal blog. We'd love it if you'd follow along on our design journey. You can find us on Facebook ! I also post all of my free printables here . Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy your holiday season. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ So the past couple of days I have really been thinking about how I can reflect the true meaning of Christmas in my home. We live in a small two bedroom apartment and there isn't much room to decorate. This morning I was watching the video Wise Men Still Seek Him   and felt inspired to create a printable for my home. It's a good reminder to not only seek Him this time of year but thr

Big News!

So this is big news for the Power family. I know many of you know a million other people who are currently pregnant but before you roll your eyes and skip over this post completely (ha), read on and hear a little bit about our story. I am currently 20 weeks pregnant. We just found out yesterday that we are expecting a baby girl. She is due to enter this world on January 3, 2012. So far she is healthy and growing strong. She is growing about a week ahead of schedule. Maybe she'll come early...like before the end of the year. Derek and I will celebrate our 3rd anniversary on the 16th of January...so not too long after our sweet girl is born. A little about us: Derek: One of the things I love most about Derek is how patiently he accepts trials in his life. He always has such a good atitude about what life has handed him. When he was 11 or 12 he was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. Then at age 19 he was diagnosed with Lymphoma Cancer.  He has now been in remission for 5

Please Tell Me...

Please tell me you guys have done this before because I just can't be the only one. This has happened twice to me now and I just feel ridiculous about it. I am shopping and Brooklyn is in her carseat sleeping and the diaper bag is in the main part of the cart. I am getting my groceries and just start putting stuff in around the carseat and diaper bag. I check out, get my bags, and head out to the car. I load the groceries in the car and then take Brooklyn out to put her in the car and I find stuff I haven't paid for. It slid underneath her carseat or the diaper bag and there it is. First time, it was pie crust and the second time it was shampoo. I try to check everywhere but something always seems to slip underneath the carseat and in my hurry I just miss it. I feel so dumb but at this point Brooklyn is buckled in and I am in a hurry to get her home. For those of you with small children you know how difficult it is to repack it all and get back in there when they could wa