Skip to main content

Weekend Adventures

Well Fall and Halloween are right around the corner and we are excited. This time of year seems to be almost everyone's favorite because of the cooler weather, all the holidays, fall fashion, tons of memories, etc. Anyways to get me in the mood I bought us some Halloween Oreos. I just can't resist their fun color seasonal colors and cute shapes and images they put on the cookie. Gets me every time. 


I've been trying to take advantage of the cooler mornings as well. I woke up early on Saturday morning and took a nice long walk around town. It felt nice to be outside in no 100 degree weather. 


So about a week ago, Derek and I sat down to plan out our favorite fall and winter activities. We wanted to make bucket lists for these seasons so we could make sure to fit everything in (I will post these later). Since this is our last holiday season child free we are trying to really take advantage of spending time together. Don't get us wrong, we are so excited for our baby girl to get here but realize that things will change so we want to make the most of the time we have. 

Derek's #1 idea was to go ice skating.  He was so excited about it and I am sure we'll be going more than once this season.  With our Pass of all Passes we were able to get in and skate for just the price of skate rentals. We spent Saturday afternoon cruising around the rink. Derek was actually really great! I should've known...he loves activities that keep him in cooler temperatures. He used to love going as a child and just look really comfortable out on the ice. 



As you can tell from the picture below, I wasn't that comfortable at first. I hadn't been ice skating in 10 years or something and it doesn't come back to you like riding a bike. ha After a couple of minutes though I started to get the hang of it and really enjoyed it. I found though that my balance was weird being pregnant. I kept tipping and leaning forward more often than normal. Derek was so wonderfully patient. He wanted to throughly enforce our "No Falling" Policy. 




Also, below is my pregnancy update for those who are interested. I am excited I have this blog to write down what I am feeling and thinking during this experience. As far as the picture goes below... please don't mind my hand. The angle of the picture taken makes me hand look HUGE! There is no cropping that out either. I did my best...


How Far Along: 24 weeks, 5 days
Size of the Baby: Over a pound and as long as an ear of corn
Weight gain/loss: So I have gained 5 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. I hope to only gain 15 to 20 pounds but we'll see. So far I don't think I am doing too badly. Still practicing my portion control techniques from WW.
Sleep: Oh heavens. This will always make me angry. Sleep is still not good. Oh well...at least I am getting some, right? 
Best Moment of the Week: Finding a new doctor. My previous doctor was just the worst. I won't go in to everything on here but she truly was the worst. I went to check out Valley OBGYN this week to have an appointment with their Nurse Midwives. I loved them. Seriously. The way the appointment went was night and day compared to my previous ones. I felt they truly listened and cared. They openly told me about their c-section rate. Their birthing attitude. How the midwives have all the support of the doctors in the practice. I just felt great about it all. Side Note: I will be giving birth in a hospital...not at my house. No need to worry everyone. ha
Movement: She is still moving but not as much it seems like. Somedays more than others. I try not to worry about it. I figure she is moving like crazy in there I just can't feel all of those movements. All I know is that when she moves I just love it. Always brightens my day.
Symptoms: I think most of the grossness I am feeling is caused by all of my swelling. My poor feet and hands have seen better days. I feel like I started swelling quite a bit earlier than most. Also, my hip pain is just ridiculous these days.
Food Cravings: Water and Milk. I am trying to drink at least 80 fl oz a day. I just can't get enough liquid. 
Gender: Girl :)
Belly Button - In or Out?: In.
Anything making you queasy or sick?: Still not the biggest fan on meat. I handle red meat or chicken a lot better when it is in a dish...not my itself. Bad smells.
Labor Signs: No. 
Wedding ring on or off: Off. The sad news is Derek lost his at the beach this summer so we are both going ringless these days.
What I Miss: Wearing my wedding ring. Wearing shoes other than flip flops. Regular size feet and hands. Exercising more intensely. But really...it doens't bother me most of the time. I just feel so blessed to have her growing inside of me. 
What I am looking forward to: Looking in to buying some baby things. We aren't sure if we want to buy a crib or not. Still trying to decide where the baby will sleep if we don't buy a crib. I just feel like you have to research everything before you buy it and that's just exhausting. I would rather just buy it.
Nursery: Well still the office but let me tell you. We did some hardcore cleaning this weekend and that office/nursery space looks great.
Emotions: One rough night but other than that...pretty good.
Stupid things I have done: Maybe go ice skating? ha I am not sure. I try to keep my baby pretty safe and sound so nothing stupid is done on purpose. 

Ok this is a long update but I wanted to fit everything in it. Thanks for sharing in our weekend adventures and baby joys! Happy Monday.


Comments

  1. You look gorgeous in your prego pic! Addie loved looking at pictures of her aunt Rorla!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so excited to read your updates each week! You're a beautiful mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are looking adorable my dear! I also love getting festive Oreos! They had American flag colored ones on 9/11!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're such a cute pregnant lady! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also found all the researching exhausting! Have you heard of the baby bargains book? We got it from barnes and noble and it really helped navigate through all that stuff. Also, Target has some pretty decent cribs that aren't too expensive if you decide to go that route. And if you decide you want to come clean our soon-to-be nursery, too, you just let me know ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute blog! I am also anxiously awaiting Fall, but here in AZ we are still getting the 100 degree temperatures!!! Congrats on your pregnancy! I remember also being so thirsty, but I could not keep down Water and especially not milk! I think I had at least five sodas a day...no joke!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for baby girls!!! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wise Men Still Seek Him Free Printable

UPDATE:  Hello Everyone! I have noticed that this post has been receiving a lot of traffic via pinterest and The Dating Divas Website. I wanted to welcome you all. I still do free printables for different seasons and holidays but no longer post them on my personal blog. We'd love it if you'd follow along on our design journey. You can find us on Facebook ! I also post all of my free printables here . Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy your holiday season. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ So the past couple of days I have really been thinking about how I can reflect the true meaning of Christmas in my home. We live in a small two bedroom apartment and there isn't much room to decorate. This morning I was watching the video Wise Men Still Seek Him   and felt inspired to create a printable for my home. It's a good reminder to not only seek Him this time of year but thr

Big News!

So this is big news for the Power family. I know many of you know a million other people who are currently pregnant but before you roll your eyes and skip over this post completely (ha), read on and hear a little bit about our story. I am currently 20 weeks pregnant. We just found out yesterday that we are expecting a baby girl. She is due to enter this world on January 3, 2012. So far she is healthy and growing strong. She is growing about a week ahead of schedule. Maybe she'll come early...like before the end of the year. Derek and I will celebrate our 3rd anniversary on the 16th of January...so not too long after our sweet girl is born. A little about us: Derek: One of the things I love most about Derek is how patiently he accepts trials in his life. He always has such a good atitude about what life has handed him. When he was 11 or 12 he was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. Then at age 19 he was diagnosed with Lymphoma Cancer.  He has now been in remission for 5

Please Tell Me...

Please tell me you guys have done this before because I just can't be the only one. This has happened twice to me now and I just feel ridiculous about it. I am shopping and Brooklyn is in her carseat sleeping and the diaper bag is in the main part of the cart. I am getting my groceries and just start putting stuff in around the carseat and diaper bag. I check out, get my bags, and head out to the car. I load the groceries in the car and then take Brooklyn out to put her in the car and I find stuff I haven't paid for. It slid underneath her carseat or the diaper bag and there it is. First time, it was pie crust and the second time it was shampoo. I try to check everywhere but something always seems to slip underneath the carseat and in my hurry I just miss it. I feel so dumb but at this point Brooklyn is buckled in and I am in a hurry to get her home. For those of you with small children you know how difficult it is to repack it all and get back in there when they could wa