I am getting so frustrated with this weight loss journey. There are so many things I love about it and have brought me so much joy:
- Never feeling too full that my stomach hurts and I can't find a comfortable position to sit in
- Really eating only what I want
- Finding new ways to introduce veggies into me life
- Still allowing myself a treat if I want it and have room left
- Watching the numbers go down on the scale (My favorite one)
- Finding new exercises I enjoy and don't make my body feel worse/injured after doing them
I have learned so much and am glad I started on this journey. Here is my complaint though:
I have changed so much about my diet and activity and I love it. I feel better all the time. I am working so hard and am seeing progress but not like others. I am just frustrated. I'll cut out all sweets and carbs. I measure everything I eat and I still am only loosing .5 pounds/week on average. Some weeks I stay the same and others I loose so it averages out to .5 pounds. Could it come off any slower? I am down 14 pounds and am loving that I am but at this rate I feel like it'll take me a decade to reach my weight loss goals. I guess I am just feeling discouraged and frustrated that my changes aren't enough; that following the plan isn't enough. Why can't my body just let go already? I came home from this past weigh in on Saturday and was down a pound. I wasn't even excited because I didn't weigh in the week before so it was still on track with that .5 pounds/week. I understand I am progressing but why so slow?
Do any of you have any advice? Tips? Words of inspiration? I am doing weight watchers and so I understand how important writing down every nibble of everything is. I would love to hear anything you have to offer.
Happy but not satisfied
|Sorry about the weird looking baby but I thought the caption explained my thoughts in this blog post.|