So I am going to assume everyone has cravings for pumpkin during the fall season like I do. As soon as it starts getting cold I just want to drink hot chocolate and bake muffins, bread, and cookies.Anyways, on Sunday we were going to celebrate my dad's birthday as a family. I wanted to make him some kind of dessert he would enjoy and would be mostly healthy. I found this recipe and tweaked it. The result: delicious, cake like cookies. I made some with and without chocolate chips. You'll have to try it and let me know what you think.
*You can use this recipe for cookies or muffins. Depends on what you're in the mood for.
- 1 box of spice cake mix
- 15 oz of canned pumpkin
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon (Or you can use a 1/2 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice instead of the nutmeg and cinnamon)
- Chocolate Chips (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Open and empty the contents of the cake mix and can of pumpkin.
- Mix it together until there are no clumps of cake mix.
- Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, and chocolate chips.
- Grease muffin tins or cookie sheets. Since there is no oil in the batter it's important that you don't forget this step.
- Bake cookies for 9-12 minutes depending on the oven and your pan. Bake muffins for 12-15 minutes depending on the above things as well.
- Once cooked to texture you desire, remove and let them cool completely before storing them.
- Eat as many as you want.
Below are some pictures of how my cookies turned out. Please keep in mind that I am not a food photographer. My pictures does this recipe no justice. It's delicious and moist. My dad loved. In fact, the whole family loved them. They were gone in a day. Hope you enjoy!