Skip to main content

Friends

There were so many things I have wanted to blog about lately but it's been so long that I have just forgotten.



Above you see my dear friend Robyn. I have known Robyn longer than any of my other friends. We have grown up together. I've had many sleepovers at her house. I know and love her siblings. I love her mom and dad. They were like second parents to me growing up in Wisconsin. She's such a great friend. She came up a couple weekends ago to run a half marathon in SLC. Impressive, huh? Not for me but good for her. Anyways, we just hung out all day afterwards. We didn't do anything spectacular but the day was just that. We had lunch. We walked around. Shopped. But the best thing was we talked and caught up and we laughed. It was priceless. Robyn and I really know how to have fun and laugh together. She's wonderful and I am blessed to be her friend.


















Above is our celebration of Cinco de Mayo. I love this day. I have no real reason I just do. I love mexican food. I love fiestas. I mean, what's not to love? It was so beautiful yesterda that I wanted to do something fun. I wanted to have a big fiesta but that didn't quite work out. So, Derek and I decided to head over to El Azteca and enjoy some authentic mexican food. Delicious. We invited Martha along for the adventure. It was fabulous. I could drink horchata all day long. That stuff is so good.

As we all know, it is time for weddings in Utah. The weather is nice and people are in love. Last week my dear friend Jackie got married. It was wonderful- The sealing, luncheon, reception. It was a beautiful and classy affair. Felt so honored to be a part of her day. This weekend is going to be awesome as well. My friend Mike Briney is getting married. I have known the Briney twins since i was 18 years old. I have tons of memories with these two. Always fun to be around. Anyways, everyone is coming into town for thier wedding and I can hardly contain my excitment. It'll be such a fund day to see everyone and to celebrate his wonderful wedding to Annie. So excited. I hope Derek does ok. I am introducing him to my BYU-Idaho life. We can all be overwhelming. We'll see how it goes. All I know is I am stoked for this shindig.

Well this is great for now. It's so sunny out now and I can't wait until work is over in 25 minutes and I can enjoy the beautiful sunshine on my skin.


P.S. Going to California next week! Lots of fun stuff happeneing. Hopefully I'll update my blog with all the fun stuff. Watch for them!

Comments

  1. That day really was spectacular...and the funny thing is, it was mostly just talking! Thank you so much for spending the ENTIRE day with me, I needed that :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wise Men Still Seek Him Free Printable

UPDATE:  Hello Everyone! I have noticed that this post has been receiving a lot of traffic via pinterest and The Dating Divas Website. I wanted to welcome you all. I still do free printables for different seasons and holidays but no longer post them on my personal blog. We'd love it if you'd follow along on our design journey. You can find us on Facebook ! I also post all of my free printables here . Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy your holiday season. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ So the past couple of days I have really been thinking about how I can reflect the true meaning of Christmas in my home. We live in a small two bedroom apartment and there isn't much room to decorate. This morning I was watching the video Wise Men Still Seek Him   and felt inspired to create a printable for my home. It's a good reminder to not only seek Him this time of year but thr

Big News!

So this is big news for the Power family. I know many of you know a million other people who are currently pregnant but before you roll your eyes and skip over this post completely (ha), read on and hear a little bit about our story. I am currently 20 weeks pregnant. We just found out yesterday that we are expecting a baby girl. She is due to enter this world on January 3, 2012. So far she is healthy and growing strong. She is growing about a week ahead of schedule. Maybe she'll come early...like before the end of the year. Derek and I will celebrate our 3rd anniversary on the 16th of January...so not too long after our sweet girl is born. A little about us: Derek: One of the things I love most about Derek is how patiently he accepts trials in his life. He always has such a good atitude about what life has handed him. When he was 11 or 12 he was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. Then at age 19 he was diagnosed with Lymphoma Cancer.  He has now been in remission for 5

Please Tell Me...

Please tell me you guys have done this before because I just can't be the only one. This has happened twice to me now and I just feel ridiculous about it. I am shopping and Brooklyn is in her carseat sleeping and the diaper bag is in the main part of the cart. I am getting my groceries and just start putting stuff in around the carseat and diaper bag. I check out, get my bags, and head out to the car. I load the groceries in the car and then take Brooklyn out to put her in the car and I find stuff I haven't paid for. It slid underneath her carseat or the diaper bag and there it is. First time, it was pie crust and the second time it was shampoo. I try to check everywhere but something always seems to slip underneath the carseat and in my hurry I just miss it. I feel so dumb but at this point Brooklyn is buckled in and I am in a hurry to get her home. For those of you with small children you know how difficult it is to repack it all and get back in there when they could wa