Skip to main content

The Power Family: Established January 16th, 2010


The Power Family. How cool is my new last name? Power. So good.

Anyways, most of you know Derek and I met in August of 2008 when I got transfered to El Paso, TX. He was my District Leader my last two transfers. We really didn't become friends till my last transfer but the friendship we had made kept us in contact, through letters, after I left the mission. 7 months later, Derek returned home from his mission and gave me a phone call. We started dating soon after and got engaged September 2, 2009 and married January 16, 2010. What a great day that was! It was wonderful to finally have the engagement over and to be married to Derek for all eternity in the Salt Lake City Temple.

Our photographer said it was the coldest wedding he had shot all winter and was glad he came prepared with the winter wardrobe. We were freezing, on the other hand. I found it hard to smile and to keep our noses from running but our photographer was wonderful and the pictures turned out great. I loved the feeling of my hands thawing as we finally entered the warmth. The greatest things of the day were getting sealed to Derek, having our family and friends part of the sealing and ring ceremony, and the beautiful reception where more loved ones came to show their support. How grateful I am for the support we have received from all of you.

Check out some of our favorite pictures:





Comments

  1. What a great looking couple! I love to see you so happy! You are beautiful! Thanks for letting me stock you on your blog now too! Our if you want to check it out is meganandtjgray.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray for a blog! cute background

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wise Men Still Seek Him Free Printable

UPDATE:  Hello Everyone! I have noticed that this post has been receiving a lot of traffic via pinterest and The Dating Divas Website. I wanted to welcome you all. I still do free printables for different seasons and holidays but no longer post them on my personal blog. We'd love it if you'd follow along on our design journey. You can find us on Facebook ! I also post all of my free printables here . Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy your holiday season. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ So the past couple of days I have really been thinking about how I can reflect the true meaning of Christmas in my home. We live in a small two bedroom apartment and there isn't much room to decorate. This morning I was watching the video Wise Men Still Seek Him   and felt inspired to create a printable for my home. It's a good reminder to not only seek Him this time of year but thr

Big News!

So this is big news for the Power family. I know many of you know a million other people who are currently pregnant but before you roll your eyes and skip over this post completely (ha), read on and hear a little bit about our story. I am currently 20 weeks pregnant. We just found out yesterday that we are expecting a baby girl. She is due to enter this world on January 3, 2012. So far she is healthy and growing strong. She is growing about a week ahead of schedule. Maybe she'll come early...like before the end of the year. Derek and I will celebrate our 3rd anniversary on the 16th of January...so not too long after our sweet girl is born. A little about us: Derek: One of the things I love most about Derek is how patiently he accepts trials in his life. He always has such a good atitude about what life has handed him. When he was 11 or 12 he was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. Then at age 19 he was diagnosed with Lymphoma Cancer.  He has now been in remission for 5

Please Tell Me...

Please tell me you guys have done this before because I just can't be the only one. This has happened twice to me now and I just feel ridiculous about it. I am shopping and Brooklyn is in her carseat sleeping and the diaper bag is in the main part of the cart. I am getting my groceries and just start putting stuff in around the carseat and diaper bag. I check out, get my bags, and head out to the car. I load the groceries in the car and then take Brooklyn out to put her in the car and I find stuff I haven't paid for. It slid underneath her carseat or the diaper bag and there it is. First time, it was pie crust and the second time it was shampoo. I try to check everywhere but something always seems to slip underneath the carseat and in my hurry I just miss it. I feel so dumb but at this point Brooklyn is buckled in and I am in a hurry to get her home. For those of you with small children you know how difficult it is to repack it all and get back in there when they could wa